Re: [ksurf] Novice question while still having all 10 fingers.

  • CC - Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 12:08 PM
      You really did luck out! Others have lost body parts. Do not allow line to wrap anything.

      Relaunching a CO2 8.5 should not require pulling lines. Iif there is enough wind it will work its way to the edge on it's own.
      The only time I pull lines is in extremely low wind when I cannot get kite to roll back - but it is hazardous. You must keep lines clear and do not wrap lines around hands etc. I would only try it if I can stand up. If drifting
      it is too dangerous.

      Get someone to show you how to relaunch.

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA

      8/18/2003 11:35:34 AM, martin ginsburg <gloryrainbow1@...> wrote:

      >Winds died one day, and I dropped my kite in the water, Cabrina 2001 CO2 8.5M. Trying to relaunch by pulling the lines to get the kite to curl up and stand up on edge in the water worked. It worked so quickly that
      the line curled around my fingers just as tension started. Fortunately my inclination was to turn my fingers in such a way to have the line hopefully slid off my fingers before the noose got to tight. I lucked out and it just
      slipped off taking only some skin with it. So how do I avoid this in a future relaunch attempt? It seems as if it could happen again. I thought maybe some type of gloves might have helped, but then it might have only
      given a nonslippery surface for the line to grab and put the squeeze on. By the way I know we have extra fingers, but I'd like to keep mine. It would get boring nose picking with only one digit.