RE: [ksurf] Kiting is harmless so don't ban it...

  • Andy Chapman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2003
      One thing I find though is that if you do a lot of land kiting with say depowerable foils..you get used to flying on land hooked in..mountainboarding etc...ok you don't go out in as strong a wind....and the gusts usually are not as high. But it can develop a sense of complacency.

      I find ii read these forums and pick up a lot of good safetytips but I still see people launching kites with the kite landwards but to me the worst one are the inflatable riders who either get blown down wind then walk their kite back with the kite at zenith or when the tides out launch at the land ward side of the beach then walk a 100 mt or more to the water with kite at the zenith. Leis are really easy to carry - are people just lazy.

      I always carry my foil to the waters edge or when doingthe walk of shame roll it up first.

      puzzled

      Andy