Bladder Replacement Size

  • David Alger
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      I was sold a 28 foot replacement bladder for my 26' Wipika Free Air.
      The Reinserting Your Bladder instructions [funny out of context, or a
      really hot landing] say too long is fine, and too big a diameter is
      fine, but since I'm converting to 4 line and folding up a foot of
      each kite corner, I would be stuffing a 28' bladder in a 24' leading
      edge. I would think a 24' bladder would be much better. I don't
      even think I could stuff 2 feet of extra bladder into the end of the
      bladder pocket as it is 2" wide and the bladder is 4". Any advice?
      (Thanks to Chris G and Steve M for pigtail advice.)
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2003
        Hi David
        Unless you are cutting the tips off your kite permanently, then the bladder
        you have should work fine. If you are permanantly cutting off the tips, then
        re-sealing the ends with a bag sealer or iron will do the trick, just do not
        cut it short!
        If you are just rolling up the tips, then the bladder you have will be fine.
        I recommend just rolling up the tips, unless you have access to somenoe with
        good sewing machine skills.
        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack