Re: Mismatched lines

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "David Alger" <DAlger@P...> wrote:
      > Could I not just put
      > pigtails 6" longer on one set of lines?

      Hi David
      Yes just add short pigtails at the kite or even at the bar end of
      the lines.

      I fly different kites but almost always use just one bar (Naish). I
      have set that bar up with all four lines are the same length (when
      the chicken loop and adjustment strap are set for maximum line
      length).

      So on some kites like my F One Mach1, I had to add 6 inch pigtails
      at the kite to lengthen the rear lines.

      Check your lines regularly since line stretch of a few inches is
      normal.

      Chris G
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
        > Message: 5
        > Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:14:50 -0000
        > From: "David Alger" <DAlger@...>
        > Subject: Mismatched lines
        >
        > I'm converting my Wipika 2 line to 4. Bought 2 new 30 meter lines,
        > but the old ones have stretched 6 inches. Currently there are no
        > pigtail lines on the 4 line kite loops. Could I not just put
        > pigtails 6" longer on one set of lines? How much shorter should the
        > rear (?) lines be? Thanks.

        G'day David
        Which model of Wipika kite is it?
        The pigtails should be only as long as the difference in the two sets of
        lines. Clearly mark your lines at both ends to avoid death/accidentally
        rigging your kite wrong.
        You can safely add, longer pigtails to the kite to accomodate the new lines.
        If the kite is a hydro or Free Air, then the lines should be equal length,
        when you are hooked into both your trim loop (chicken loop) and the main
        loop, or where the bar feels most comfortable, for riding.
        Get back to me if you do not understand how to tune your kite/bar combo?
        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au