Re: RES: RES: RES: [ksurf] Kitesurfing maturing?

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 27, 2003
      i tried a new idea for a larger board on a trip where size matters. Instead
      of taking 2 boards I made a very thin, 1/4" luan plywood skin to bolt to my
      smaller board. I cut it in half and it fit nicely in a duffle. It bolts
      through the fin holes and the foot strap holes. To make a bigger board takes about
      20 minutes to assemble. to take it apart to go to the airport tooks 7 minutes.
      Yes I did take a battery screw gun.

    • fly
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 28, 2003
        VERY good idea-makes a coupla' boards out of one-I like it-something surfing has never been able to achieve with any success.

        Fly
        i tried a new idea for a larger board on a trip where size matters. Instead
        of taking 2 boards I made a very thin, 1/4" luan plywood skin to bolt to my
        smaller board. I cut it in half and it fit nicely in a duffle. It bolts
        through the fin holes and the foot strap holes. To make a bigger board takes about
        20 minutes to assemble. to take it apart to go to the airport tooks 7 minutes.
        Yes I did take a battery screw gun.

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)