Re: [ksurf] CABRILLO SEMI-BAN (no kiting summer weekends)

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
      In a message dated 7/8/2003 1:02:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      kiteboarder@... writes:

      > I agree with the lifeguards' decision to prevent kiteboarding here on
      > weekends

      I dont - things will change - watch

    • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 8, 2003
        kiteboarder@... writes:

        > >why don't you help other kiters launch kites and catch kites
        >
        > I do.
        >
        > >You need to live up to your own safety words, buddy.
        >
        > I do.

        nope, still don't believe you and i've asked all the other '6 regular kiters'
        at kabrillo if you
        have and they can't recall ANY.
        I talked with a kiter at kabrillo today - well, I wont go into it.
        A Reminder:
        By catching or helping others launch kites correctly at kabrillo-
        You could save us from losing our kiting privileges.

        Or you could save others from breaking things too -
        BUT You are not the only one that doesn't help, - Phil only helps his buddys.
        And
        Ken has helped me, his friend, only 1/2 the time. The lifeguards watching
        from the Taj Mahal, only see a problem get worse,
        if a kiter doesn't help a fellow kiter.
        please change in this direction Tom, when you get better to kite again.

      • John F. Santos
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
          Dude, you are passive-agressive, condescending, insolent and self-righteous.

          Perhaps if you improved your interpersonal skills and stopped pontificating your fellow kiters would be more inclined to help you.

          -John Santos

          kiteboarder@... writes:

          > >why don't you help other kiters launch kites and catch kites
          >
          > I do.
          >
          > >You need to live up to your own safety words, buddy.
          >
          > I do.

          nope, still don't believe you and i've asked all the other '6 regular kiters'
          at kabrillo if you
          have and they can't recall ANY.
          I talked with a kiter at kabrillo today - well, I wont go into it.
          A Reminder:
          By catching or helping others launch kites correctly at kabrillo-
          You could save us from losing our kiting privileges.

          Or you could save others from breaking things too -
          BUT You are not the only one that doesn't help, - Phil only helps his buddys.
          And
          Ken has helped me, his friend, only 1/2 the time. The lifeguards watching
          from the Taj Mahal, only see a problem get worse,
          if a kiter doesn't help a fellow kiter.
          please change in this direction Tom, when you get better to kite again.

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com
          ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
          ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
          Em: support@...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
            In a message dated 7/9/2003 7:55:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            bamoffthelip@... writes:

            > Perhaps if you improved your interpersonal skills and stopped pontificating
            > your fellow kiters would be more inclined to help you.
            >
            > -John Santos

            dude
            i do fine thanks
            good luck your self -
            even ToDd helps me occassionaly
            but he might not help yOu.
            Shut up & Kite
            Scott in LA

          • kiteboard2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
              --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, LA2WNDSRF@a... wrote:

              > kiteboarder@p... writes:
              >
              > > I agree with the lifeguards' decision to prevent kiteboarding
              here on
              > > weekends
              >
              > I dont - things will change - watch

              If they do change it will mean we'll be banned all the time.
              Kiteboarding summer weekends at Cabrillo is an accident (& subsequent
              ban) waiting to happen. Who has the most experience kiteboarding at
              Cabrillo? Me. Do I ever go on summer weekends? No.

              P.S. You say my post was too long, but you have time to write four of
              your own!

              Prevent bans: Don't ride at crowded super-gusty beaches!

              Mel
            • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 10, 2003
                In a message dated 7/9/2003 10:26:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                kiteboarder@... writes:

                > If they do change it will mean we'll be banned all the time.
                > Kiteboarding summer weekends at Cabrillo is an accident (& subsequent
                > ban) waiting to happen. Who has the most experience kiteboarding at
                > Cabrillo? Me. Do I ever go on summer weekends? No.

                sky falling ? Nope, not yet.

                And who has experience with wind sports at
                Kabrillo longer? Me - even longer than Greg E. ,
                Wayne Boyd is a kabrillo waterman longer than me, so what?
                I've seen hot weekdays more crowded than cool weekends.

                I've seen, talked with and held
                meetings with City & County lifeguards, Harbor Police,
                LAPD, City & County Officials many times in the
                past on many issues. Things can be worked out.

                For Example: Jetskiing & Powered watercraft were
                severely injurying and killed a windsurfer at Kabrillo Beach -
                remember?

                Who came up with the idea to establish a non-powered
                area for windsurfers inside LA Harbor ? (That a certain
                retailer was against in the beginning.)

                It was that idea that I presented to Jeff Jones, Jim & Jack -
                And with their expertise & help, the Harbor Dept adopted it
                & presented it, along with a 5 mph zone, at a meeting
                as as solution to controling the powered watercraft.

                It was implemented temporarily and it soon was made permanent
                as a workable solution to prevent further death & injury

                It wasn't perfect, jetskiers still violate it daily.
                But it is 50-70% effective.

                Hmmmm, so, jetskiers have crippled & maimed individuals
                as well as kill them, at kabrillo beach yet they haven't been
                banned from Kabrillo. Instead, A defined area was set aside
                for them for egress & ingress, as
                well as their own beach area.

                Their is hope for kiters that have done
                none of the above to anyone,
                (other than injure themselves.)

                Things can be worked out.
                Have faith in the power of good in man,
                as well as the power of evil
                and progress can be made.

              • kiteboard2000
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 12, 2003
                  --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, LA2WNDSRF@a... wrote:
                  > sky falling ? Nope, not yet.
                  >
                  > And who has experience with wind sports...

                  Shut up & kite (just not at Cabrillo).