Re: [ksurf] IDEA!!!!

  • Marc Bornebusch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2003
      Is the helium idea a trawl...? Searching the archives for helium should
      provide hours of enjoyment.

      If it isn't a trawl, apologies for sounding slightly cynical. The idea has
      been tried before by several people and mooted extensively, IMHO.

      Regards,

      Marc

      Marleau Belanger wrote:

      > I'm not great at physics or anything but I just came up with an idea.
      >
      > The speed at which a kite TURNS is based on a few factors but WHICH of
      > these factors plays the most important role?
      >
      > 1) Weight of the kite.....obviously a larger kite weighs more and would
      > turn slower....same as it is hard to swing a bat that weighs 10 lbs
      >
      > 2) The Size of the kite......the larger the kite...the more drag it
      > creates for itself making it turn slower.
      >
      > 3) Aspect ratio....not really sure how this affects the turning....
      >
      > But lets say for example that we had two identical 20M inflatable
      > leading edge kites where one of them weighed in at it's normal weight
      > and the other weighed in at 0 lbs. Would the one that weighed nothing
      > have better response?
      >
      > Here's the question I REALLY want to ask!
      >
      > Has anyone ever tried inflating their kite with Helium???????????
      >
      > Later

      > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
      > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
      > Em: support@...

      NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does
      not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.