RE: [ksurf] Skoop II bar question?

  • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2003
      Hi Fabrice,

      That plastic will save the chicken line from ware and tear, my system does
      not have the plastic but I have already replaced the line twice in 4 months.
      I have had it snap on me once before, not nice and you have no control over
      the kite, flying on back lines.

      Try a bit of grease on the plastic...just a bit.

      Don't know if this is a good idea !!!!

      Anyone?

      Cheers
      Chris
      Kite safe

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2003
        Hi Chris,

        I had a go on my 14.5 last Saturday and had surprisingly no problem
        at all with the bar. I don't know if takoon modified the inner piece
        of the bar in the meanwhile... Anyhow, really happy about the kite.
        It turns better than the last year model though the bar is smaller...
        About other flying characteristics, lift, etc I cannot rate as the
        wind was pretty light...

        Thanks,
        Fabrice

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Meyer, Chris (MOZ)"
        <chris.meyer@m...> wrote:
        > Hi Fabrice,
        >
        > That plastic will save the chicken line from ware and tear, my
        system does
        > not have the plastic but I have already replaced the line twice in
        4 months.
        > I have had it snap on me once before, not nice and you have no
        control over
        > the kite, flying on back lines.
        >
        > Try a bit of grease on the plastic...just a bit.
        >
        > Don't know if this is a good idea !!!!
        >
        > Anyone?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Chris
        > Kite safe

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Dènis Riedijk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2003
          Hi Fabrice,

          up till now, I haven't had a problem with it.

          But I know from someone I met, that when he shortened the line, he had some
          problems with it. Also the line is quite thin, so maybe you should change
          the rope, when you want the plastic removed.

          grtz,
          Dènis