[ksurf] Re: lines keep breaking

  • O1withwind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 1998
      In a message dated 10/30/98 8:36:48 AM EST, johnsong@... writes:

      <<
      Regards,
      greg

      PS What knots do people use to form the loops at the end of the flight
      lines for attachment to handles? I have used bowlines on my traction
      kite, but it forces the line through a small radius of curvature - and any
      breakage invariably happens at that point. Any suggestions for knots
      which don't weaken the line so much?
      .<<
      Greg,
      Try using some tubeular dacron, about 500# should do it , to sleve the ends of
      your lines where the knots are so you don't break your line there. The kit
      for sleeveing lines can be obtained at any kite store.
      PEACE&WIND
      Josh Young <o1withwind@...>