[ksurf] Re: lines keep breaking

  • O1withwind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30 8:34 AM
      In a message dated 10/30/98 8:36:48 AM EST, johnsong@... writes:

      PS What knots do people use to form the loops at the end of the flight
      lines for attachment to handles? I have used bowlines on my traction
      kite, but it forces the line through a small radius of curvature - and any
      breakage invariably happens at that point. Any suggestions for knots
      which don't weaken the line so much?
      Try using some tubeular dacron, about 500# should do it , to sleve the ends of
      your lines where the knots are so you don't break your line there. The kit
      for sleeveing lines can be obtained at any kite store.
      Josh Young <o1withwind@...>