travel tips? Kiteboard fins

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      Should I take the four fins off my Extreme Sports Maui board when I
      travel with it? I have a padded case, but it seems risky. There is
      an allen head bolt holding them on. I thought maybe this would make
      them loose. I have not removed them yet... Bruce
    • theflyingtinman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce" <fishinbuddy1957@y...> wrote:
        > Should I take the four fins off my Extreme Sports Maui board when I
        > travel with it? I have a padded case, but it seems risky. There is
        > an allen head bolt holding them on. I thought maybe this would make
        > them loose. I have not removed them yet... Bruce

        I just cut 4 small blocks of high density foam and make
        slits in them - then tape them over the fins so they don't
        fall off in the bag. (You could probably use polystyrene too)

        Steve T.
      • Chris Glazier
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "theflyingtinman"
          <theflyingtinman@y...> wrote:
          > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce" <fishinbuddy1957@y...>
          wrote:
          > > Should I take the four fins off my Extreme Sports Maui board
          when I
          > > travel with it? .........

          > I just cut 4 small blocks of high density foam and make
          > slits in them - then tape them over the fins so they don't
          > fall off in the bag. (You could probably use polystyrene too)
          > Steve T.

          I do exactly what Steve does and I haven't had any problem after
          several trips.
          Chris G