Re: [ksurf] Velocity Games Video

  • Jef Van de Mosselaer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
      Nice vid, but I do not like the ramp moves. I prefer the moves when they
      just jump of the kite and then do all the handle passes, flips and turns...
      We don't need the ramp to jump, so why use it ?
      Jef

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        > We don't need the ramp to jump, so why use it ?
        > Jef

        They're not using the props to jump necessarily, they use them to
        perform tricks which can't be done otherwise. I saw Martin do a
        backroll-to-blind onto the slider that was unbelievable. Its just
        another way to take it to the next level. These guys are so good that
        they get bored easily. Putting the slider in the water keeps them
        from doing rail slides off the judge's stand.
        Kite-on,
        GK
      • kiterh2oo7
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
          Well, for light wind it really helps, its more challangeing to see in
          comp, and we have played a bit now, to make 2 across the wind a bit
          like a quater pipe....its just cool that this sport is so diverse,
          that you can do almost anything with it, so its not for all, but a
          twist, i hope one day we have park type events. Coolest thing i like
          that bindings or foot straps, they were in equal compition, so it was
          cool to see how they improved on it. Who knows...but thats what i
          like choices for all in this sport....just my thoughts on why we did
          it.

          aloha...Paul

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Jef Van de Mosselaer"

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/