Re: Lofting

  • David Alger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      I think Trent's got something here. Are there kiters who NEVER park
      at zenith? True, at Cabarete the wind was rock steady and in five
      days I saw no one lofted at all (50 kiters all the time). But there
      were instructor stories of people sailing over or into hotels. Must
      have been a gusty day... If your kite is depowered, what kind of a
      gust is going to loft you? If it's blowing 25 and you're on a 14,
      would a 35 knot gust loft you?