Re: North Scepter Defect - or just Bad Luck??

  • kiteboardingjapan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 8:27 PM
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...>
      wrote:
      > The tiny plastic balls that retain your leashed front line are not
      > strong enough, big guys pull the knot through the ball, regardless
      > of whether you use a fig 8 knot.

      The balls have to be set up differently to the diagram in the North
      manual. I can't remember without seeing the bar, but if you change
      the ball, flying line, leader lin order, you'll see how to do it so
      that the thick spectra knot will not pull through the ball. The order
      in the manual is dangerous.

      Nick