FAST TURNING 16M

  • bob dawson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 9:23 PM
      Hi All

      After quite a few years of Kitesurfing and using a wide range of
      different kits it has
      become evident that it is not necessarily the amount of power you
      have available it is
      whether you can get the power down onto the board and also whether
      you can keep
      the kite driving through the turns particularly on the bottom stroke
      when working the
      kite in light wind. I have recently done some alterations to 16 m
      kites, simply widening
      the wing tips to enable a kite to have fast turning without having to
      sheet in. sheeting
      in in light wind on the standard settings definitely will give you
      better turning but
      usually results in killing off the air speed of the kite which means
      loss of power. most
      of the brands manufactured in the years 2002 to 2003 will be more
      than adequate as
      they are, some of the 2000 and 2001 models tend to be a little slow
      in the turns, in
      particular the medium aspect ratio, this modification will be well
      suited to those kits.
      It is a very simple operation to make these changes, I have posted
      some photos on the
      news section of my web page www.lekite.com.au showing what I have
      done.

      Bob Dawson