Re: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2003
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
      <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > Hi All
      >
      > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
      every
      > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
      a nasty
      > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
      visiting the
      > newsgroups for a few months.

      snip

      > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
      and
      > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
      is no
      > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
      brand
      > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
      windsurfer
      > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
      out the
      > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

      Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
      big time. Thanks for the reply.
    • loco4viento
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2003
        Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
        style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

        <sydney@k...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the
        newsgroups every
        > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
        a nasty
        > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
        visiting the
        > newsgroups for a few months.
        >
        > You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system,
        you would not be
        > able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick
        thing. The
        > trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not
        hooked in
        > your kite is unleashed.
        >
        > There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the
        the first stage
        > of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is
        just like
        > the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release
        is on the
        > main loop.
        >
        > You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will
        still
        > release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system.
        The bar is
        > nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends
        have neat
        > line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like
        kiting
        > with no leash!!
        >
        > The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage.
        The trim line
        > is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar
        separately and
        > all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be
        able to copy
        > and make their own.
        >
        > I will post a pic if people want.
        >
        > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been
        making and
        > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years.
        There is no
        > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every
        other brand
        > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned
        by windsurfer
        > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
        check out the
        > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
        >
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au
        > ;-))
        >
        > Message: 6
        > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
        > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
        > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
        >
        > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
        leashless
        > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
        >
        > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
        adjuster
        > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
        > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
        > emergency?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Greg
      • KITEGEAR LTD
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2003
          I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
          on the Storm 11 new bar.
          He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
          bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

          <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
          > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
          check out the
          > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > ;-))
          >
          > Message: 6
          > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
          > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
          > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
          >
          > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
          leashless
          > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
          >
          > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
          adjuster
          > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
          > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com
          ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
          ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
          Em: support@...