RE: [ksurf] Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      Very interested, any pictures on the web?
      Chris M

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2003
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
        <sydney@k...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
        every
        > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
        a nasty
        > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
        visiting the
        > newsgroups for a few months.

        snip

        > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
        and
        > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
        is no
        > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
        brand
        > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
        windsurfer
        > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
        out the
        > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

        Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
        big time. Thanks for the reply.
      • loco4viento
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2003
          Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
          style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

          <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > Hi All
          >
          > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the
          newsgroups every
          > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
          a nasty
          > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
          visiting the
          > newsgroups for a few months.
          >
          > You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system,
          you would not be
          > able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick
          thing. The
          > trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not
          hooked in
          > your kite is unleashed.
          >
          > There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the
          the first stage
          > of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is
          just like
          > the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release
          is on the
          > main loop.
          >
          > You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will
          still
          > release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system.
          The bar is
          > nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends
          have neat
          > line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like
          kiting
          > with no leash!!
          >
          > The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage.
          The trim line
          > is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar
          separately and
          > all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be
          able to copy
          > and make their own.
          >
          > I will post a pic if people want.
          >
          > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been
          making and
          > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years.
          There is no
          > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every
          other brand
          > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned
          by windsurfer
          > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
          check out the
          > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au
          > ;-))
          >
          > Message: 6
          > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
          > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
          > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
          >
          > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
          leashless
          > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
          >
          > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
          adjuster
          > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
          > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
          > emergency?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Greg
        • KITEGEAR LTD
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2003
            I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
            on the Storm 11 new bar.
            He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
            bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

            <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
            > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
            check out the
            > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > http://www.kitepower.com.au
            > ;-))
            >
            > Message: 6
            > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
            > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
            > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
            >
            > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
            leashless
            > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
            >
            > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
            adjuster
            > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
            > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

            http://www.KiteHIGH.com
            ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
            ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
            Em: support@...