Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      Hi All

      I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups every
      time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with a nasty
      case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even visiting the
      newsgroups for a few months.

      You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system, you would not be
      able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick thing. The
      trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not hooked in
      your kite is unleashed.

      There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the the first stage
      of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is just like
      the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release is on the
      main loop.

      You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will still
      release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system. The bar is
      nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends have neat
      line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like kiting
      with no leash!!

      The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage. The trim line
      is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar separately and
      all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be able to copy
      and make their own.

      I will post a pic if people want.

      And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making and
      selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There is no
      other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other brand
      sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by windsurfer
      co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check out the
      kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      ;-))

      Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
      From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@...>
      Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

      Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
      safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

      I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
      end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
      problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
      emergency?

      Thanks

      Greg
    • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        Very interested, any pictures on the web?
        Chris M

        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2003
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
          <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > Hi All
          >
          > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
          every
          > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
          a nasty
          > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
          visiting the
          > newsgroups for a few months.

          snip

          > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
          and
          > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
          is no
          > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
          brand
          > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
          windsurfer
          > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
          out the
          > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

          Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
          big time. Thanks for the reply.
        • loco4viento
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2003
            Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
            style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

            <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
            > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
            check out the
            > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > http://www.kitepower.com.au
            > ;-))
            >
            > Message: 6
            > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
            > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
            > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
            >
            > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
            leashless
            > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
            >
            > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
            adjuster
            > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
            > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

          • KITEGEAR LTD
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2003
              I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
              on the Storm 11 new bar.
              He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
              bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

              <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
              > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
              check out the
              > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
              >
              > Cya and
              > Goodwinds
              > Steve McCormack
              > http://www.kitepower.com.au
              > ;-))
              >
              > Message: 6
              > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
              > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
              > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
              >
              > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
              leashless
              > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
              >
              > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
              adjuster
              > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
              > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

              http://www.KiteHIGH.com
              ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
              ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
              Em: support@...