RE: [ksurf] Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • mobilekiteshop.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      The flexifoil system means you can launch not hooked in but then if during
      launching something goes wrong and you have to let go of the bar then your
      kite isnt leashed.
      The Ocean Rodeo bar still rules.

      Regards
      Steve
      steve@... <mailto:steve@...>
      Ph: 087-7993612
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        Hi All

        I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups every
        time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with a nasty
        case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even visiting the
        newsgroups for a few months.

        You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system, you would not be
        able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick thing. The
        trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not hooked in
        your kite is unleashed.

        There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the the first stage
        of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is just like
        the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release is on the
        main loop.

        You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will still
        release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system. The bar is
        nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends have neat
        line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like kiting
        with no leash!!

        The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage. The trim line
        is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar separately and
        all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be able to copy
        and make their own.

        I will post a pic if people want.

        And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making and
        selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There is no
        other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other brand
        sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by windsurfer
        co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check out the
        kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au
        ;-))

        Message: 6
        Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
        From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@...>
        Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

        Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
        safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

        I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
        end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
        problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
        emergency?

        Thanks

        Greg
      • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2003
          Very interested, any pictures on the web?
          Chris M

          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2003
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
            <sydney@k...> wrote:
            > Hi All
            >
            > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
            every
            > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
            a nasty
            > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
            visiting the
            > newsgroups for a few months.

            snip

            > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
            and
            > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
            is no
            > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
            brand
            > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
            windsurfer
            > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
            out the
            > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

            Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
            big time. Thanks for the reply.
          • loco4viento
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2003
              Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
              style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

              <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
              > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
              check out the
              > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
              >
              > Cya and
              > Goodwinds
              > Steve McCormack
              > http://www.kitepower.com.au
              > ;-))
              >
              > Message: 6
              > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
              > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
              > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
              >
              > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
              leashless
              > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
              >
              > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
              adjuster
              > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
              > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

            • KITEGEAR LTD
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2003
                I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
                on the Storm 11 new bar.
                He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
                bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

                <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
                > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
                check out the
                > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
                >
                > Cya and
                > Goodwinds
                > Steve McCormack
                > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                > ;-))
                >
                > Message: 6
                > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
                > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
                > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
                >
                > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
                leashless
                > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
                >
                > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
                adjuster
                > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
                > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

                http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                Em: support@...