Re: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • callum_downie
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      I should have mine in 8-10 days or so aparently greg... will write a
      report then...
      I suspect the release being where it is will be fine as long as the
      chicken loop isn't too long for your arms... which is then unsafe
      anyway...

      Stay tuned
      Callum

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...> wrote:
      > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
      leashless
      > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
      >
      > I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
      > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
      > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
      > emergency?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Greg
    • KITEGEAR LTD
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        Greg,
        The leash pull is a little bit further down than the trim strap pull,
        therefore above the bar. Thus it won't jam against your body. It's a bit
        of a trade off where a system that has the pull next to your spreader is
        always going to be easier to find than the Storm 2 , but no probs on
        storm 2 when being dragged. The system is great but I haven't tried the
        bar on the water - Last time I spoke with Danny Seales he choose not to
        use the bar - I'll find out why & post comments.
        Although the advanced Kite system does have a bearing I would doubt
        that the force of twisted lines is enough to overcome the bearing
        friction - I'll gladly stand corrected. If not then a piece of rope from
        the end of the bar to the loop on the Wichard would act as your leash,
        as in the re-ride through the bar system of Airush.

        The Flexifoil system means you can launch the kite not hooked in. This
        was one of the criteria of the design.

        No-one should be riding without a leash, the answer to our bar spinning
        with leash is finally here !!!

        Steve

        Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
        safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

        I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
        end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
        problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
        emergency?

        Thanks

        Greg

        This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
        For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
        http://www.KiteHigh.com
        1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
        808 637 KITE 5483
        Email:support@...

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • mobilekiteshop.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2003
          The flexifoil system means you can launch not hooked in but then if during
          launching something goes wrong and you have to let go of the bar then your
          kite isnt leashed.
          The Ocean Rodeo bar still rules.

          Regards
          Steve
          steve@... <mailto:steve@...>
          Ph: 087-7993612
        • Kite Power (Sydney)
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2003
            Hi All

            I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups every
            time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with a nasty
            case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even visiting the
            newsgroups for a few months.

            You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system, you would not be
            able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick thing. The
            trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not hooked in
            your kite is unleashed.

            There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the the first stage
            of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is just like
            the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release is on the
            main loop.

            You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will still
            release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system. The bar is
            nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends have neat
            line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like kiting
            with no leash!!

            The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage. The trim line
            is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar separately and
            all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be able to copy
            and make their own.

            I will post a pic if people want.

            And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making and
            selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There is no
            other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other brand
            sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by windsurfer
            co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check out the
            kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

            Cya and
            Goodwinds
            Steve McCormack
            http://www.kitepower.com.au
            ;-))

            Message: 6
            Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
            From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@...>
            Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

            Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
            safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

            I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
            end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
            problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
            emergency?

            Thanks

            Greg
          • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2003
              Very interested, any pictures on the web?
              Chris M

              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2003
                --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
                <sydney@k...> wrote:
                > Hi All
                >
                > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
                every
                > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
                a nasty
                > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
                visiting the
                > newsgroups for a few months.

                snip

                > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
                and
                > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
                is no
                > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
                brand
                > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
                windsurfer
                > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
                out the
                > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

                Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
                big time. Thanks for the reply.
              • loco4viento
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2003
                  Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
                  style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

                  <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
                  check out the
                  > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
                  >
                  > Cya and
                  > Goodwinds
                  > Steve McCormack
                  > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                  > ;-))
                  >
                  > Message: 6
                  > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
                  > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
                  > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
                  >
                  > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
                  leashless
                  > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
                  >
                  > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
                  adjuster
                  > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
                  > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

                • KITEGEAR LTD
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2003
                    I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
                    on the Storm 11 new bar.
                    He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
                    bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

                    <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
                    > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
                    check out the
                    > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
                    >
                    > Cya and
                    > Goodwinds
                    > Steve McCormack
                    > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                    > ;-))
                    >
                    > Message: 6
                    > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
                    > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
                    > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
                    >
                    > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
                    leashless
                    > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
                    >
                    > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
                    adjuster
                    > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
                    > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

                    http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                    ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                    ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                    Em: support@...