Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2003
      Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
      safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

      I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
      end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
      problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
      emergency?

      Thanks

      Greg
    • callum_downie
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 12:05 AM
        I should have mine in 8-10 days or so aparently greg... will write a
        report then...
        I suspect the release being where it is will be fine as long as the
        chicken loop isn't too long for your arms... which is then unsafe
        anyway...

        Stay tuned
        Callum

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...> wrote:
        > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
        leashless
        > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
        >
        > I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
        > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
        > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
        > emergency?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Greg
      • KITEGEAR LTD
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 1:35 AM
          Greg,
          The leash pull is a little bit further down than the trim strap pull,
          therefore above the bar. Thus it won't jam against your body. It's a bit
          of a trade off where a system that has the pull next to your spreader is
          always going to be easier to find than the Storm 2 , but no probs on
          storm 2 when being dragged. The system is great but I haven't tried the
          bar on the water - Last time I spoke with Danny Seales he choose not to
          use the bar - I'll find out why & post comments.
          Although the advanced Kite system does have a bearing I would doubt
          that the force of twisted lines is enough to overcome the bearing
          friction - I'll gladly stand corrected. If not then a piece of rope from
          the end of the bar to the loop on the Wichard would act as your leash,
          as in the re-ride through the bar system of Airush.

          The Flexifoil system means you can launch the kite not hooked in. This
          was one of the criteria of the design.

          No-one should be riding without a leash, the answer to our bar spinning
          with leash is finally here !!!

          Steve

          Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
          safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

          I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
          end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
          problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
          emergency?

          Thanks

          Greg

          This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          For Kitesurfers by Kitesurfers
          http://www.KiteHigh.com
          1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA
          808 637 KITE 5483
          Email:support@...

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • mobilekiteshop.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 11:29 AM
            The flexifoil system means you can launch not hooked in but then if during
            launching something goes wrong and you have to let go of the bar then your
            kite isnt leashed.
            The Ocean Rodeo bar still rules.

            Regards
            Steve
            steve@... <mailto:steve@...>
            Ph: 087-7993612
          • Kite Power (Sydney)
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1 9:21 PM
              Hi All

              I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups every
              time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with a nasty
              case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even visiting the
              newsgroups for a few months.

              You must be hooked in to use and launch the Storm 2 system, you would not be
              able to attach the trim loop after launch because of the dogdick thing. The
              trim loop and your trim system is the leash, so if you are not hooked in
              your kite is unleashed.

              There is no hassle whatsoever in reaching and operating the the first stage
              of the safety (release to one line), and the secondary release is just like
              the Ozone, a pin release right on the trim loop. A third release is on the
              main loop.

              You can have multiple twists in the lines and this system will still
              release, there is no shackle or swivel needed in this system. The bar is
              nicely shaped, full carbon with a big centre hole, the bar ends have neat
              line holders built into them. Unspinning after a jump is just like kiting
              with no leash!!

              The trim system incorporates a cleat, with 2 to 1 advantage. The trim line
              is replaceable, and I beleive we will be able to sell the bar separately and
              all of its components. People with good splicing skills will be able to copy
              and make their own.

              I will post a pic if people want.

              And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making and
              selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There is no
              other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other brand
              sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by windsurfer
              co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check out the
              kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

              Cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              http://www.kitepower.com.au
              ;-))

              Message: 6
              Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
              From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@...>
              Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System

              Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the leashless
              safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?

              I am curious how people find having the release up at the adjuster
              end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
              problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an
              emergency?

              Thanks

              Greg
            • Meyer, Chris (MOZ)
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1 10:09 PM
                Very interested, any pictures on the web?
                Chris M

                Message 7 of 9 , May 2 3:21 AM
                  --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
                  <sydney@k...> wrote:
                  > Hi All
                  >
                  > I have been extremely busy, sick of all the abuse on the newsgroups
                  every
                  > time I made a post, and just lately I have been actually sick with
                  a nasty
                  > case of the shingles, so I have not been posting much or even
                  visiting the
                  > newsgroups for a few months.

                  snip

                  > And just for the "my brand rules" types, Flexifoil have been making
                  and
                  > selling, very successfully, awesome power kites for 29 years. There
                  is no
                  > other kite company with their depth of experience, so every other
                  brand
                  > sucks! Storms are awesome inflatable kites, don't be conned by
                  windsurfer
                  > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing, check
                  out the
                  > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.

                  Sounds like you are nearly back to full strength! :o)) Shingles suck
                  big time. Thanks for the reply.
                • loco4viento
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2 10:55 AM
                    Welcome back Steve. Sounds like the shingles haven't hurt your
                    style. Good thing. Hope you get well soon. John

                    <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
                    > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
                    check out the
                    > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
                    >
                    > Cya and
                    > Goodwinds
                    > Steve McCormack
                    > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                    > ;-))
                    >
                    > Message: 6
                    > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
                    > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
                    > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
                    >
                    > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
                    leashless
                    > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
                    >
                    > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
                    adjuster
                    > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
                    > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

                  • KITEGEAR LTD
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 2 12:48 PM
                      I said I would post Danny Seales (Pro kiteboarder - Flexifoil) Comments
                      on the Storm 11 new bar.
                      He says it's 'Wicked' a really nice bar to use, he used to use the Naish
                      bar in place of the Storm 1 bar but now uses the Storm 11 bar .

                      <sydney@k...> wrote:
> [...]
                      > co/clothing co/rich kid bought a kite co, based marketing,
                      check out the
                      > kites from the most experience kitemakers on the planet.
                      >
                      > Cya and
                      > Goodwinds
                      > Steve McCormack
                      > http://www.kitepower.com.au
                      > ;-))
                      >
                      > Message: 6
                      > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 06:07:26 -0000
                      > From: "Greg Walsh" <Greg.Walsh@b...>
                      > Subject: Flexifoil Storm 2 Leashless Safety System
                      >
                      > Back in January we were talking about the Storm II with the
                      leashless
                      > safety system. Has anybody had a chance to try this out yet?
                      >
                      > I am curious how people find having the release up at the
                      adjuster
                      > end of the trim loop line. Is it hard to reach? Does it solve the
                      > problem of the release jamming against the riders body in an

                      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
                      ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
                      ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
                      Em: support@...