Re: Ocean Rodeo

  • Mike Sumpter
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5 6:06 PM
      I've got a 2002 9m and really like it. The '03 OR's have not changed
      much according to an email from their sales rep replied to. I also
      have an X2 12m. I debated buying an X2 8m for my high wind kite but
      for my taste I like the OR.

      Construction is as good as any kite I've seen (but I haven't seen
      many '03 kites yet). It's plenty fast, jumps great, it's easy to fly,
      I got comfortable on it real quick. It sits back a little more and
      pulls steady, when gusts hit it it doesn't rip towards the edge of
      the window like my X2, I also find it easier to control my speed.
      Doesn't appear as stable or "stuck in the air" as an X2 but it is
      stable enough, doesn't over fly, and it drifts back if you stuff a
      jump and the lines go slack. I love the pinch valve and dump valve on
      the LE bladder, I would prefer Naish style ball stoppers on the
      struts over pinch valves, but they don't bother me that much

      Mike S