Info on Lancelin in West Aust. wanted

  • petterfrostell2
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm arranging to go to Lancelin in the start of December
      2003 and would like to know what to expect, maybe
      Cervantes to the north would suit us better; one of
      us is windsurfing.

      Is it a kite friendly place and is there space enough
      for us kiters; I know it is a windsurfing Mecca? Where
      in the area do the kiters sail?

      Will I need to take my Naish 15.5m AR5 or will my
      9m AR 3.5 do? I might update my quiver if really needed.

      I am 65kg and ride the 160/180 Stonker shark. My level
      is beginner to intermediate (just now) not doing any
      jumps as yet but there is another 6 months till then.

      Any info will be appreciated. I have seen a couple
      websites but nothing too specific.

      Cheers,

      Petter.
    • shreddor2
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        Peter

        Lano goes off for both Kites and windsurfers
        It is normally stronger than metro Perth every day in summer
        with 25 + not uncommon, I suggest having a smaller kite but the big
        one may come in handy during lighter spells (Not so common in summer,
        you can almost count on 20 + every day between Dec - Feb)lots of
        windsurfers in the main bay, a few Kites as well but plenty of long
        beaches North and South of the main town a 4wd is very handy to
        access the beaches

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "petterfrostell2"