RE: [ksurf] Re: Kite sizes and Types

  • Marleau Belanger
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      How Many LEI kites can you get for 2500 bucks? I have 5 JOJO kites which
      I can Mountainboard, buggy, kitesurf and kiteboard with from 5 knots up
      to 40 knots...althought I don't kitesurf in 40 knots.
      Later

      When was the last time you flew a kite in an open ice covered bay
      with 1 ft of powder in steady 25knots?? You can boost like hell and
      we do it without calling 911 after every jump!

      I can tell you from lots of experience that LEI's work and so do
      foils. Here in the great white north of Canada we have lots of time
      to test and LEI's are the best year round option...sorry.
      Stan
    • woodman_k
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        Hi
        It's too bad that it takes 5 jojo's to do 5-40. That just proves how
        small the windrange is on basic no depower foils. I would say that 2
        LEI's will do 10-30, which is realistic water and snow conditions.
        For 2500Cdn that is possible. In US you can get that 3rd kite if you
        need it.
        later
        Stan