Re: Kite sizes and Types

  • woodman_k
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      Steve
      When was the last time you flew a kite in an open ice covered bay
      with 1 ft of powder in steady 25knots?? You can boost like hell and
      we do it without calling 911 after every jump!

      I can tell you from lots of experience that LEI's work and so do
      foils. Here in the great white north of Canada we have lots of time
      to test and LEI's are the best year round option...sorry.
      Stan

      Stan--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
      <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > Subject: Re: Kite sizes and Types
      >
      > If you want real performance, without the fragility of an inflato
      (when used
      > on land) go for a foil. Some specific kites that do work well, and
      depower
      > as well as or better than inflatos, and are easy to turn, have
      great safety
      > systems (better than all kites designed for use on the water so
      far), then
      > get hold of one of these brands.
      >
      > Flexifoil Blade 2 with depower kit, ideal sizes would be 6.4/7.8
      and 9.0M
      > Flexifoil Blade 3 with depower kit on a bar 8.5M
      > Flexifoil Blade 3 on handles with kite killers, 8.5M
      >
      > Ozone Frenzy 9.3 or 12.0
      >
      > Inflatos or any kite designed for exclusive use on water would be
      my last
      > choice for snow or land use. People who have never flown foils, or
      who have
      > only flown some of the cheapies out there, may disagree, but all
      experienced
      > kiters I know, would tend to agree that open celled foils work best
      on
      > land/snow.
      > If you boost high on land or snow, you are risking your life or
      your ability
      > to walk, so make sure you really do know what you are doing, avoid
      gusty
      > conditions - find other things to do, or deliberately use a much
      smaller
      > kite that day, with safety system fitted.
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au
    • Marleau Belanger
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        How Many LEI kites can you get for 2500 bucks? I have 5 JOJO kites which
        I can Mountainboard, buggy, kitesurf and kiteboard with from 5 knots up
        to 40 knots...althought I don't kitesurf in 40 knots.
        Later

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi
          It's too bad that it takes 5 jojo's to do 5-40. That just proves how
          small the windrange is on basic no depower foils. I would say that 2
          LEI's will do 10-30, which is realistic water and snow conditions.
          For 2500Cdn that is possible. In US you can get that 3rd kite if you
          need it.
          later
          Stan