help with bladder repair please

  • maxmelky
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      was pumping up my x216 when the bladder popped at the knuckle....of
      the leading edge...

      where it popped....the bladder is kind of blown out....stretched a
      little....

      now where there is a split....about a cm+ (1/2 inch) long, the
      bladder sits up somewhat wrinkled...

      anyone had success at fixing this type of leak.....

      should i perhaps cut off the stretched part that sits up....and try
      to patch the split.....or..

      perhaps try to glue another piece of similar plastic (off an ole
      bladder)over the ruptured section?

      any and all help appreciated...

      seems too little a problem to have to buy a new bladder?

      mario
    • maxmelky

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003

          > seems too little a problem to have to buy a new bladder?

          Dont even think of buying one. I sent my North Rhino 1 in for repairs
          a little while ago. They replaced the bladder then charged me $300
          australian (about $150 US) for a new one. Shit if I had had the
          option I would have opted to try to repair mine first.

          Looking at the bladders they are realy simple to fix. Even if yours
          is stretched, just patch it there. Dont worry about the stretch, the
          shape of the kite is created by the kites leading edge, not the
          bladder inside.Proof of this is in new kites starting to use oversize
          bladders.
        • flygirl93402
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2003
            if you need new bladders, also consider going to airtime in hood
            river. he makae squality bladders, affordably priced...

            good luck,

            marina