Re: PRIVATE

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2003
      SPAM ALERT - IS THIS GREAT OR WHAT???!!! We are talking literary
      artifice and then some. I had heard about white collar crime being
      on the rise in parts of Africa. A lot of these confidence scams had
      been reported to originate in Nigeria but it seems like they are
      moving out. I have received a bunch of these "impassioned pleas"
      always with the threat of a lurking fortune. Gullible types
      beware. If it sounds to good to be true ...AND HAS NOTHING TO DO
      WITH KITEBOARDING ...
      BEWARE ...

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM ZUKA" <williamzuka@n...>
      wrote:
      > Good Day,
      >
      > With warm heart I offer my friendship, and my greetings, and I
      hope this letter meets you in good time. It will be surprising to
      you to receive this proposal from me since you do not know me
      personally. However, I am sincerely seeking your confidence in this
      transaction, which I propose with my free mind and as a person of
      integrity.

      > My name is Mr.William Zuka, the first son of Mutanga Zuka,of the
      most popular black farmer from Zimbabwe, murdered in the land
      dispute in my country. As led by my instict, I decided to contact
      you through email, after searching for contacts via the internet, as
      it is the only means I can contact anybody since I am cutting off
      ties with Zimbabwe for security and safety reasons. However,I
      apologize if this is not acceptable to you.

      > The purpose of this letter is to seek your most needed assistance
      in a business venture. Due to the the land and political problems in
      Zimbabwe, as a result of President Robert Mugabe's introduction of
      new Land Act Reform wholly affecting the rich white farmers and the
      few rich black farmers, and his desire to hold on to power for life,
      my father forsaw the danger that came in Zimbabwe. Before he was
      murdered, he withdrew all of our business foreign accounts in
      > dollars and sold up our shares in major companies. We then went to
      Johannesburg, South Africa to deposit the sum of US$14.5 million
      (Fourteen million, Five Hundred thousand US dollars), in a private
      security company. This money was deposited with this Private
      Security company for safety and security reasons, and was to be used
      for the purchase of land, new machines and chemicals establishment
      of new farms in Botswana and Swaziland.

      > President Mugabe's support for the violent imbabwean war veterans
      and some lunatics in the society, led to the murder of my beloved
      father and other innocent lives. I was continually threatened to
      abandon my inheritance from my father after he was murdered. I
      resited for a while, but when the danger became unbearable, and I
      survived two murder attempts, I fled Zimbabwe to South Africa where
      I was arrested and detained for eight(8 good month)in jail.I
      > fled south Africa for The Netherlands with the help of the present
      prison command chief officer in Charge(P.C.C.O)

      > I am currently staying in the Netherlands where I am seeking
      political asylum. In fact my decision to come here to seek asylum,
      is because the security company from South Africa, has a branch
      here, and they have moved the deposit from their office in
      Johannesburg here. I need to transfer this money to an account and
      invest part of the money. Since the law of Netherlands prohibits a
      refugee (asylum seeker) to open any bank account or to be involved
      in any financial transaction, this is why I am seeking a genuine and
      reliable partner, whose account this money can be transferred, hence
      this proposal to you.You have to understand that this decision taken
      by me entrusts my future and in your hands, as a result of the safe
      keeping of this money. If you accept to assist me, all I want you to
      do for me, is to assist with arrangements to claim the deposit from
      the security company from their office here in The Netherlands, as
      it has now been transfered from Johannesburg, South Africa to their
      branch here. The company will be legally informed of you
      representing me.

      > For your assistance, I have two options for you. Firstly you can
      choose to have 10% of the money for your assistance, and helping me
      open an account for the money to be deposited here, or you can of
      the money in your country. Whichever the option you want, please to
      notify me in your reply.

      > I have also set aside 1%($145,000,00) of this money for all kinds
      of expenses that come our way in the process of this transaction,
      and 4% ($580,000,00) for Charity donation. If you prefer to accept
      the 10% for assisting with opening an account, then 85%will be left
      in the account here for me.

      > Please, I want you to maintain the absolute secrecy for the
      purpose of this transaction.

      > I look forward to your reply and co-operation, and I thank you in
      advance as I anticipate your co-operation.

      > Thanks and God bless.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > William Zuka
    • theflyingtinman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2003
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "flkitesurfer" <flkitesurfer@h...> wrote:
        > SPAM ALERT - IS THIS GREAT OR WHAT???!!! We are talking literary
        > artifice and then some. I had heard about white collar crime being
        > on the rise in parts of Africa. A lot of these confidence scams had
        > been reported to originate in Nigeria but it seems like they are
        > moving out.

        Those poor African's have suffered in all of Africa - not just
        Nigeria. Come on .. be a sport and send this unlucky Zimbabwean
        farmer your bank account number so he can transfer his father's
        hard earned millions into it .. he's going to give you ten percent
        after all!
        I did it for a Senegalese princess whose father had been deposed by
        rebels. Unfortunately there was some hitch with my bank account
        just before she transferred the 80m into it and we both lost all our
        money, including my life savings .. but at least I tried to help.

        :-)
      • ariraptis
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2003
          Hey,
          This guy sounds genuine!
          maybe someone could help him.Or you could form a syndicate from the
          forum,and do it collectively.

          I can not take part ,unfortunately, because a while back I helped out
          a Nigerian Doctor to transfer some money,and my share was millions of
          dollars.For tax reasons,I do not want to make any more money this
          year.
          I am just going kiting everyday,I have so much new gear now,I can go
          out in any conditions,except dead calm,in which case I shop for more
          toys,Harleys,Yachts,supermodels etc.

          Ari

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "theflyingtinman"