light wind kite

  • braders78
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
      Hey I am currently looking to get a kite for use in light winds as
      there have been so many marginal days where I just couldn't get going
      on my 8.4 airblast! Been thinking of getting a 16 or 18 X2. I live on
      the south coast UK.

      Braders
    • Illbeback1999
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
        Flysurfer Warrior 16m gets you going earliest. x2 16m does not get me
        planing in less than 12kts on a 6.6 directional.

        Chris

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "braders78" <braders78@y...> wrote:
        > Hey I am currently looking to get a kite for use in light winds as
        > there have been so many marginal days where I just couldn't get
        going
        > on my 8.4 airblast! Been thinking of getting a 16 or 18 X2. I live
        on
        > the south coast UK.
        >
        > Braders
      • mobilekiteshop.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2003
          2002 18m F-One Mach 1 maxes out at about 15knots and gets my 185lbs going on
          a 160 twin in about 9 knots also turns very quickly compared to other kites
          of this size and was voted best low wind kite by a couple of magazines.
          Havent tried the 2003 16m F-One Mach 2 yet but its stated wind range is 6 to
          18 knots and if its an improvement on the Mach 1 then it must be a pretty
          amazing kite.

          Steve
        • dutchkitesurfer
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2003
            AMP13.5(18.4) or 15.1(20.8) and still fast

            Even AMP11.9 will do the trick. Combine with SX141. Killier combo!
          • p.j.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2003
              Need kite instructors for Miami area. Please reply to paulmenta@... aloha.....Paul