Bad Press - Sydney

  • music642000 <srl@ihug.com.au>
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
      The current edition of the Sutherland Shire Leader has a letter from
      a disgruntled Dolls Point resident requesting council to do something
      about all those evil kitesurfers at Kite Beach. I think a local lobby
      group needs to be formed or they may very well act to close it down.
      At the very least a response should be sent pointing out the
      inaccuracies of the letter and the fact that it is one of the few
      beaches available to beginners. If we sit on our hands we may find it
      is no longer available as a KS site but if some action is taken it
      could very well be made a Kite only beach therefore increasing safety
      for the general public and ensuring a long term site for use.
      What do you others think?
    • vide72au <vide72au@yahoo.com.au>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
        Tell them you have purposely chosen Dolls point, as it offers the safest learning location in Sydney. You are their because you are being responsible.

      • kiteboard2000 <kiteboarder@pacbell.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2003
          wrote:

          > The current edition of the Sutherland Shire Leader has a letter
          from
          > a disgruntled Dolls Point resident requesting council to do
          something
          > about all those evil kitesurfers at Kite Beach.

          What exactly are they disgruntled about? Is there a copy of the
          article online, or could somebody transpose it to e-mail?

          Mel