X2 for sale in Melb - cheap

  • vide72au <vide72au@yahoo.com.au>
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 28, 2003
      I have to sell my 14m X2 rather quickly. It's red, and had some (professional) repairs but otherwise flies perfectly, has good stitching and will last. Kite only, AU $950.

      I am in Melbourne Australia.

      I also have a blue 10m X2 in perfect condition, with bar land lines for $1450.

      And also a 20m X2 in perfect condition (and very new). Make me an offer on this one.

      email me at: david @ dtdesign.com if you are interested.
    • dustymica
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 18, 2003
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Dwight Fisher
        <fishersfort@c...>" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
        > Do any of you
        > > who use all sorts of kites find that the North kites get
        > overpowered
        > > easily?
        > > eli
        > > http://www.kiteantigua.com
        >
        > I found they gave the illusion of not having great range. Once I
        got
        > used to them, I realized the range was there. Also, when you
        factor
        > in the earlier low end, the total range is closer to those all top
        > end designs. All top end, does not make total range. I have
        never
        > felt like my range suffered when compared to other riders, on
        other
        > brands. Compare yourself to an experienced North rider. You
        should
        > be closer than you might think.
        >
        > I've been told North wanted more power for the more advanced
        rider
        > who would use the Rhino2. It gives more hang time than those
        "all
        > top end" kites. This is what the team wanted for competition.
        For
        > those wanting more top end and easier to get range, the Toro2
        was
        > designed to provide that.
      • KITEGEAR LTD
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 18, 2003
          I use all sorts - Cabrinha North RRD Airush Storm ...

          The North I Kites don't have a great deal of depower capability. May be
          better with the II.
          They're still terrific kites. It is not good to use a kite fully
          depowered anyway - change size !

          Hope this helps.

          > > who use all sorts of kites find that the North kites get
          > overpowered
          > > easily?
          > > eli
          > > http://www.kiteantigua.com
          >
          > I found they gave the illusion of not having great range. Once I
          got
          > used to them, I realized the range was there. Also, when you
          factor
          > in the earlier low end, the total range is closer to those all top
          > end designs. All top end, does not make total range. I have
          never
          > felt like my range suffered when compared to other riders, on
          other
          > brands. Compare yourself to an experienced North rider. You
          should
          > be closer than you might think.
          >
          > I've been told North wanted more power for the more advanced
          rider
          > who would use the Rhino2. It gives more hang time than those
          "all
          > top end" kites. This is what the team wanted for competition.
          For
          > those wanting more top end and easier to get range, the Toro2
          was
          > designed to provide that.

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • vide72au
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 18, 2003
            > It is not good to use a kite fully depowered anyway - change size !

            You are right, except when you want to power-up just to get the biggest air possible. I often ride fully chickened, and then hook into the main loop just before I take off. In these cases, a kite with a lop of top end range means that you can handle a size that will keep you up for a long time. The down-side is that kites with lots of top end lack in the bottom end.

            I have had 14m X2 and 14m Rhino II. While these might be the same flat size, they really do have different range in my view. 13-22knots on the Rhino II feels like 16-25 knots on the X2.

            I am getting unfomfortable just above 20knots on the Rhino, where the X2 was in it's prime. At the other end of the scale I am cranking (on my Mutant) in steady 15 knots with the Rhino II where I'd still be working my kite at times on the X2.

            They are both great kites, but different in their feel and power delivery.

            The overall wind range of these kites is probably similar in practical wind strengths. If you are prepared to work your X2 like crazy you can probably get more total range out of it that the Rhino II due to the top end range.