[ksurf] Re: foil valves COM

  • Michel Montmigny
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 1999
      Due to the fact that a lot of kitesurfer dont have WAVE with the new
      drainage sytem and that it could take too much time to be able to explain it
      on our website, I will do it here on the list.
      I hope that this will not vexed anyone and help those that are concerned by.

      * we do put the system on each wing tip. the part between the leading edge
      and the first rib on wing tip.
      It's 6-10 inch long and It's not very complicated to make. Better to know
      about sewing job.
      Unsew the "Dacron Tape" for more that you will have need to make it easier
      to work.
      Then "split" the tape by cutting it (hot cutting is better)the lenght you
      want have your velcro.
      Take Velcro that lenght and sew it inside to each part in the same time you
      are sewing every part together.(the Nylon, velcro, material piece and dacron
      tape)
      Example: Top, put the female dacron
      Bottom: put the male dacron

      We do also put a piece of material(nylon)(cut lenght X 4 inch) that goes
      inside the kite while you are flying and when you want to deflate the kite,
      you just open "drainage system" and pull that piece of material out . It's
      simply prevent both velcro to stick together during the time you are
      deflate your WAVE kite.

      Please come back to me if It's not clear.

      Have nice breeze to all of you.

      Michel Montminy
      http://www.conceptair.com
      201 bld Tadoussac
      Canton-Tremblay, Qc
      G7H 5A8
      Tél : (418) 545-8368
      Fax : (418) 545-2288
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 1999
        Michel Montminy
        http://www.conceptair.com
        201 bld Tadoussac
        Canton-Tremblay, Qc
        G7H 5A8
        Tél : (418) 545-8368
        Fax : (418) 545-2288
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 1999
          Aften in this list we speak about performance of wing and board...
          ...but there is another aspect that is very important:
          the durability of a wing.
          Naish and wipika compare Wave or Mosquito :
          is there anybody that can tell me if is more resistant the
          wipika (or Naish) wing or wave (or Mosquito) wing ?
          Is the durability of a wing like a windsurfer sail ?
          ALOHA

          Christian Polini
          e-mail: polini@...