Re: Kitesurf St. Maarten

  • fernmanus <fernmanus@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
      Eric,

      I went there a couple years ago in November. Orient Bay is pretty
      good, but the swell can be quite large and the beach is crowded.
      Galeon Bay nearby has flatter water, but you will need to be able to
      stay upwind or your sessions will be rather brief. Bring your full
      quiver. I used a 5.0, 7.5 and 15.5 Naish AR5 while I was there. I
      could have used a 21 on the last couple days.

      If you are a beginner, take lessons and take advantage of the jet
      ski to avoid the beach crowds and travel back upwind.

      Kenny

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "ecastelein <ecastelein@y...>"