Re: Large kite wanted!! Compare: Naish X2 20m, North Rhino 22m, Cabrinha BT 15.5m

  • kiteguy98 <mikea@nantucket.net>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
      I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

      Michael

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Heiko Bailer <heiko_bailer@y...>"
      <heiko_bailer@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I want to buy a large size high performance 2003 kite shipped to
      the
      > US within the next 10 days..and do I need some advice on the 2003
      > models and sizes....
      >
      > Does anyone have experience how the Naish X2 20m^2, North Rhino
      > 22m^2, and Cabrinha BT 15.5m^2 compare in terms of size and
      > performance?
      >
      > Thanks alot, and please let me know if you sell.
      > Heiko.
      > +1 206 226 1314
    • heiko bailer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hi Michael, is it the 2003 model? Thanks. Heiko.
        "kiteguy98 <mikea@...>" <mikea@...> wrote:I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
          Take a 16.5 FS Warrior and you will laugh about your thoughts of
          using a LEI for light wind.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • kiteripper <nigeltresbon@aol.com>
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2003
            --Hi ,
            i have the cabrinha b.t 20 mtr 2003 . The last big kite i owned was a
            15.5 Black tip.( don't settle for a 2002 model kite )The 2003 model
            is a fantastic kite it turns like a kite half its size much like the
            2002 9.4 black tip . Its down low isn't that great i still need white
            caps to do any jumps and stay up wind .When it comes into its own is
            when the wind gets a little stronger .It has excellent up high wind
            range and can boost you off this planet . Perfect for doing board off
            tricks the hang time is huge . I geuss i can hold this kite to about
            18 knots i am 87 kgs and ride a 137 board . I must say this is
            probably my faveroute kite .I like going out when other guys are on
            14 and 17 kites getting average air time . Pull out the 20mtr and go
            huge.
            Hope that helps
            Nigel

          • hernanhome <hernanhome@iplanmail.com.ar>
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003
              I have a X2 20. Is a sweet big kite. Turns nice and jump well. Very
              stable. Very difficult to water relaunch (as othes big ones).
              Newer kites are faster and shallower in draft so their low end is
              not so good. The wind range for a 20 is 10 knots to 16 to have
              fun and jump.

              --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kiteripper

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003

              • dixon76710 <dixon76710@yahoo.com>