Re: Large kite wanted!! Compare: Naish X2 20m, North Rhino 22m, Cabrinha BT 15.5m

  • marko92109 <bartschy@gmx.net>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi,

      from my experience you are much better of with a low
      aspect kite for a kite this size, I have a slingshot 18,
      which is lower aspect, and it has way more lowend than
      last years 21.5 ARX, I tried an X2 in super light wind
      and was very unsatisfied compared to this kite.

      My recommondation would be slingsht 19 or something similar
      for a kite this size.

      Reasons are:

      Low end grundge
      waterrelaunchability (kites drop more in light wind)

      Thanks

      Marko
    • kiteguy98 <mikea@nantucket.net>
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
        I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

        Michael

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Heiko Bailer <heiko_bailer@y...>"
        <heiko_bailer@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I want to buy a large size high performance 2003 kite shipped to
        the
        > US within the next 10 days..and do I need some advice on the 2003
        > models and sizes....
        >
        > Does anyone have experience how the Naish X2 20m^2, North Rhino
        > 22m^2, and Cabrinha BT 15.5m^2 compare in terms of size and
        > performance?
        >
        > Thanks alot, and please let me know if you sell.
        > Heiko.
        > +1 206 226 1314
      • heiko bailer
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
          Hi Michael, is it the 2003 model? Thanks. Heiko.
          "kiteguy98 <mikea@...>" <mikea@...> wrote:I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
            Take a 16.5 FS Warrior and you will laugh about your thoughts of
            using a LEI for light wind.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • kiteripper <nigeltresbon@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2003
              --Hi ,
              i have the cabrinha b.t 20 mtr 2003 . The last big kite i owned was a
              15.5 Black tip.( don't settle for a 2002 model kite )The 2003 model
              is a fantastic kite it turns like a kite half its size much like the
              2002 9.4 black tip . Its down low isn't that great i still need white
              caps to do any jumps and stay up wind .When it comes into its own is
              when the wind gets a little stronger .It has excellent up high wind
              range and can boost you off this planet . Perfect for doing board off
              tricks the hang time is huge . I geuss i can hold this kite to about
              18 knots i am 87 kgs and ride a 137 board . I must say this is
              probably my faveroute kite .I like going out when other guys are on
              14 and 17 kites getting average air time . Pull out the 20mtr and go
              huge.
              Hope that helps
              Nigel

            • hernanhome <hernanhome@iplanmail.com.ar>
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003
                I have a X2 20. Is a sweet big kite. Turns nice and jump well. Very
                stable. Very difficult to water relaunch (as othes big ones).
                Newer kites are faster and shallower in draft so their low end is
                not so good. The wind range for a 20 is 10 knots to 16 to have
                fun and jump.

                --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kiteripper

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003

                • dixon76710 <dixon76710@yahoo.com>