Re: [ksurf] Re: Kitesurfing places in South East Asia

  • David San
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
      --- "zetabetamu <soloflight@...>"
      <soloflight@...> wrote:
      > Hey Andrash,
      > I've sailed(windsurfed) in Boracay Island,
      > Philippines a lot a times
      > before and I'm telling you,that place is just EPIC.
      > They have an
      > annual windsurfing competion (usually on Jan.)that
      > attracts hundreds
      > of competitors everytime bec. of the beautiful white
      > sand beaches and
      > and nuking winds. So much potential for
      > kiteboarding, beach is not
      > that wide but is about 2 miles long. First 500 yards
      > is waist to
      > shoulder deep and butter smooth because of a reef
      > about 1 mile
      > offshore that protects the inside from the wind
      > driven chop. Season
      > is from Nov.-April, the rest of the year the wind
      > shifts to the other
      > side of the island and only works when there is a
      > typhoon ( 10-60+
      > knots+) . Wind starts to fill in AM at about 10-11
      > AM and then blows
      > the whole day 5-6 days a week during the windy
      > season(15-25+ knots).
      > No wetsuits required! Just to let you know, I am not
      > connected to the
      > PHIL. Dept. of Tourism, I'm just one stoked dude
      > from California!
      > Francisco
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vasvari54
      > <Shenmen@s...>"
      > <Shenmen@s...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > > Does anyone know about good kitesurfing places in
      > South-East Asia.
      > > wonder about Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, etc.
      > > Any info, personal experiences, ideas�?
      > > Thanks.
      > > Andrash
      >
      > Hey guys I have been to the Phillipines Boracay
      many times, i was there in Sept 2002 kiteing on the
      white sand beach where all the hotels are located, we
      had good winds and breaking shorebreak waves onshore
      winds great fun!!! also i was their2003 this month
      during their windsurfing regatta,did alot of kiteing
      on the opposite side of the island good winds and
      waves on the outside. My friend runs a kiteboarding
      school and gear rental
      kiteboardingboracay@... tel# (036) 288-3663
      / DAVE

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • XtremeBigAir.com <Kinsley@XtremeBigAir.c
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
        In Vietnam, you go to Phan Thiet. February and March are good months
        for kiting there. Have fun,

        Go XtremeBigAir,
        Kinsley Wong
        http://XtremeBigAir.com

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "zetabetamu <soloflight@c...>"

      • Greg Walsh <Greg.Walsh@bigpond.com>
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2003
          Go to http://www.flyozone.com and send them an email. They have their
          factory in Vietnam and do a lot of testing on a beach there.
          Kiteworld mag had an article and it sounded ok.

          Greg
        • vasvari54 <Shenmen@starmail.com>
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
            Hi Dave,
            Your kiteboardingboracay web address takes me back to the yahoo
            group. Can you pass me the full address?
            Thanks
            Andrash

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
              --- "vasvari54 <Shenmen@...>"
              <Shenmen@...> wrote:
              > Hi Dave,
              > Your kiteboardingboracay web address takes me back
              > to the yahoo
              > group. Can you pass me the full address?
              > Thanks
              > Andrash
              >
              > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, David San
              > <dsa_96929@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- "zetabetamu <soloflight@c...>"
              > > <soloflight@c...> wrote:
              > > > Hey Andrash,
              > > > I've sailed(windsurfed) in Boracay Island,
              > > > Philippines a lot a times
              > > > before and I'm telling you,that place is just
              > EPIC.
              > > > They have an
              > > > annual windsurfing competion (usually on
              > Jan.)that
              > > > attracts hundreds
              > > > of competitors everytime bec. of the beautiful
              > white
              > > > sand beaches and
              > > > and nuking winds. So much potential for
              > > > kiteboarding, beach is not
              > > > that wide but is about 2 miles long. First 500
              > yards
              > > > is waist to
              > > > shoulder deep and butter smooth because of a
              > reef
              > > > about 1 mile
              > > > offshore that protects the inside from the wind
              > > > driven chop. Season
              > > > is from Nov.-April, the rest of the year the
              > wind
              > > > shifts to the other
              > > > side of the island and only works when there is
              > > > typhoon ( 10-60+
              > > > knots+) . Wind starts to fill in AM at about
              > 10-11
              > > > AM and then blows
              > > > the whole day 5-6 days a week during the windy
              > > > season(15-25+ knots).
              > > > No wetsuits required! Just to let you know, I am
              > not
              > > > connected to the
              > > > PHIL. Dept. of Tourism, I'm just one stoked dude
              > > > from California!
              > > > Francisco
              > > >

              > > > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vasvari54
              > > > <Shenmen@s...>"
              > in
              > > > South-East Asia.
              > > >
              > > > Hey guys I have been to the Phillipines
              > Boracay
              > > many times, i was there in Sept 2002 kiteing on
              > the
              > > white sand beach where all the hotels are located,
              > we
              > > had good winds and breaking shorebreak waves
              > onshore
              > > winds great fun!!! also i was their2003 this
              > month
              > > during their windsurfing regatta,did alot of
              > kiteing
              > > on the opposite side of the island good winds and
              > > waves on the outside. My friend runs a
              > kiteboarding
              > > school and gear rental
              > > kiteboardingboracay@h... tel# (036) 288-3663
              > > / DAVE
              > > >

              > >Andrash, Try to go Asian Windsurfing Tour and click
              on Phillipines,then search for Green Yards and click
              on it and it show up.DAVE

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • pascal_warnotte <pascal_warnotte@rocketm
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 6, 2003
                For info on thailand Check http://www.cuttlebone.net

                Enjoy
              • brett_bigair <brett_murrell@hotmail.com>
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2003
                  Hey all,
                  A great little area to come and kite is Hua Hin in Thailand. We get the
                  Northeaserly Monsoons winds from December to Febuary, then the
                  Seabreezes from Febuary to start of May.
                  Monsoon winds range from 8-20 knots and will blow in cylces of up to 6-
                  10 days at a time.
                  The ultimate time to be here is for the Seabreezes that kick in every
                  afternoon and average around 14 knots, this is a very steady wind which
                  adds to its power. The beach widens to around 50-60m over these
                  months and is 5 km long.
                  You could call me biased as i run a kiteboarding school here, but hey the
                  secret can't be kept for ever.

                  And for our plug. check out
                  www.kiteboardingasia.com

                  Brett