Re: 2003 Gaastra GXR

  • zetabetamu <soloflight@cox.net>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hi! How's that quiver work for you? Is there a lot of overlap between
      the 16.5 and the 12? I was also thinking of having the same quiver,or
      maybe if feasible go straight to a 10.0 as my high wind kite. Is that
      too large a gap?
      Francisco

      Callum,
      Is it at least as fast as an X2 16? I would assume that it also has a
      similar high end wind range as the X2 bec. you mentioned that it is
      easy to edge against. Did you personally like it after having flown
      it a few times?
      Francisco

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "vasvari54 <Shenmen@s...>"

    • vasvari54 <Shenmen@starmail.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
        Francesco, these kites have quite a large wind range. My 12 and 16.5
        certainly overlap. In some days I have a choice between an easy ride
        or some high jumps. The 12 Gastra is certainly more powerful than
        the 12 Aero. I don't see much overlap between the GXR 12 and 8. I
        think you can manage with a 10 and a 16.5, as the 16.5 depowers very
        effectively, while the 10 would likely to get you going above 17
        knots. But I would not know for sure as I have not tried a 10. In a
        week or so I will know more about it, as my friend ordered a 10.
        Cheers,
        Andrash