Large kite wanted!! Compare: Naish X2 20m, North Rhino 22m, Cabrinha BT 15.5m

  • Heiko Bailer <heiko_bailer@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hi,

      I want to buy a large size high performance 2003 kite shipped to the
      US within the next 10 days..and do I need some advice on the 2003
      models and sizes....

      Does anyone have experience how the Naish X2 20m^2, North Rhino
      22m^2, and Cabrinha BT 15.5m^2 compare in terms of size and
      performance?

      Thanks alot, and please let me know if you sell.
      Heiko.
      +1 206 226 1314
    • marko92109 <bartschy@gmx.net>
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hi,

        from my experience you are much better of with a low
        aspect kite for a kite this size, I have a slingshot 18,
        which is lower aspect, and it has way more lowend than
        last years 21.5 ARX, I tried an X2 in super light wind
        and was very unsatisfied compared to this kite.

        My recommondation would be slingsht 19 or something similar
        for a kite this size.

        Reasons are:

        Low end grundge
        waterrelaunchability (kites drop more in light wind)

        Thanks

        Marko
      • kiteguy98 <mikea@nantucket.net>
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
          I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

          Michael

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Heiko Bailer <heiko_bailer@y...>"
          <heiko_bailer@y...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I want to buy a large size high performance 2003 kite shipped to
          the
          > US within the next 10 days..and do I need some advice on the 2003
          > models and sizes....
          >
          > Does anyone have experience how the Naish X2 20m^2, North Rhino
          > 22m^2, and Cabrinha BT 15.5m^2 compare in terms of size and
          > performance?
          >
          > Thanks alot, and please let me know if you sell.
          > Heiko.
          > +1 206 226 1314
        • heiko bailer
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hi Michael, is it the 2003 model? Thanks. Heiko.
            "kiteguy98 <mikea@...>" <mikea@...> wrote:I have a naish X2 20 in perfect condition, Red, no bar, $900

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
              Take a 16.5 FS Warrior and you will laugh about your thoughts of
              using a LEI for light wind.

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • kiteripper <nigeltresbon@aol.com>
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2003
                --Hi ,
                i have the cabrinha b.t 20 mtr 2003 . The last big kite i owned was a
                15.5 Black tip.( don't settle for a 2002 model kite )The 2003 model
                is a fantastic kite it turns like a kite half its size much like the
                2002 9.4 black tip . Its down low isn't that great i still need white
                caps to do any jumps and stay up wind .When it comes into its own is
                when the wind gets a little stronger .It has excellent up high wind
                range and can boost you off this planet . Perfect for doing board off
                tricks the hang time is huge . I geuss i can hold this kite to about
                18 knots i am 87 kgs and ride a 137 board . I must say this is
                probably my faveroute kite .I like going out when other guys are on
                14 and 17 kites getting average air time . Pull out the 20mtr and go
                huge.
                Hope that helps
                Nigel

              • hernanhome <hernanhome@iplanmail.com.ar>
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003
                  I have a X2 20. Is a sweet big kite. Turns nice and jump well. Very
                  stable. Very difficult to water relaunch (as othes big ones).
                  Newer kites are faster and shallower in draft so their low end is
                  not so good. The wind range for a 20 is 10 knots to 16 to have
                  fun and jump.

                  --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kiteripper

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003

                  • dixon76710 <dixon76710@yahoo.com>