How tight is the harness supposed to be...

  • puppyjazz <puppyjazz@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi there...

      How tight do you usually make your harness? I'm suffering from a
      groin-strain and I'm trying to figure out how I can get back on the
      water as fast as possible without injuring myself even more.

      In that regard I was wondering how tight you all make your harness.
      No-one has ever really told me how to put the damn thing on so I've
      just tightened it as much as I could. I'm beginning to doubt if that
      is a good idea. Especially the straps going through the legs!?

      So - how tight IS the harness supposed to be?

      Cheers!
      Brian
    • rohin156 <rohin@aireyryanandhill.com.au>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
        first thing i wood reccomend i gettin rid of a seat harness if u are
        male.
        in my experience of windsurfing 10 years and bout 6 months of kiting
        they do nothing but give u wedgies and uncomfortable grief.

        waist harnesses do ride up a little but i would rather that and save
        my crown jewels.

        in terms of tightness, i suck in hard and to it up as tight as
        possible cos as soon as they get wet they tend to stretch a little and
        move around with high forces of kites.
        for a seat i would do it up tite at the spreader bar but not too tite
        at the legs as u may end up with blue balls and dead swimmers.

        rosey

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "puppyjazz <puppyjazz@y...>"
        <puppyjazz@y...> wrote:
        > Hi there...
        >
        > How tight do you usually make your harness? I'm suffering from a
        > groin-strain and I'm trying to figure out how I can get back on the
        > water as fast as possible without injuring myself even more.
        >
        > In that regard I was wondering how tight you all make your harness.
        > No-one has ever really told me how to put the damn thing on so I've
        > just tightened it as much as I could. I'm beginning to doubt if that
        > is a good idea. Especially the straps going through the legs!?
        >
        > So - how tight IS the harness supposed to be?
        >
        > Cheers!
        > Brian
      • John Glazebrook
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003

          my mate who teaches kitesurfing has his so loose it falls off me (when I
          borrow it) once the kite is connected it stays up okay. My harness is really
          tight, but I always undo the leg straps when I'm walking round the beach.
          When I'm kiting I tend to sit in it and arch my back (I reckon I must look a
          bit silly) but it is so comfortable compared to a waist harness. I used to
          have a waist, and it brused my bottom 2 ribs whenever I used it, no matter
          how tight it was....

          john.e.boy

          http://www.teethgrinder.co.uk