going to st. john

  • fcawley <fcawley@mindspring.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      hi there,
      I am going to st. john, carribean, for a week in the middle of feb.
      Does anyone have any tips for spots or conditions. I plan to bring
      my aero16 and bt9.4 with a liqforce pf171. I heard it might suck a
      bit but sure I'll have to give it a whirl.
      Thanks
      Acker
    • fionncawley <fcawley@mindspring.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        thanks folks.
        i'll definitely post results.

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "fcawley <fcawley@m...>"
      • XtremeBigAir.com <Kinsley@XtremeBigAir.c
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          FORGET about kiting in St. John unless you have a boat.
          I went there last November to explore for kiteboarding potential at
          st. john and it is definitely NOT a place. Go to another island St.
          Maarteen or maybe st. Croix.

          Go XtremeBigAir,
          Kinsley Wong
          http://XtremeBigAir.com

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "fionncawley <fcawley@m...>"

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
            I kited in Coral Bay, st. john last November but the wind was light
            and gusty.
            In St. John, there is really no kiteboarding from the beach unless you
            have your own boat so you can go out to the wind.

            I tried st. Thomas also but did not find much wind there either last
            November.

            You might have better luck at st. Croix but the best would be st. Marteen.

            Go XtremeBigAir,
            Kinsley Wong
            http://XtremeBigAir.com