[ksurf] Re: safety etc and question (again)

  • AhClem0013@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      In a message dated 11/1/1999 10:15:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      mark@... writes:

      > WOW, had a lot of reactions on my earlier E/M. Didn't like the fact some
      > people wishing me accidents though.
      > snip-------
      >
      > Your adventerous friend, who's wearing his flameproof suit
      > Mark Valentin

      Hey Mark, don't worry about it. It's only people who hide behind the
      keyboard, or who didn't fully read what you say. The internet is like that.
      It is easy to make a comment when you don't have to look the person in the
      face. It is also easy to criticize.

      Meanwhile, do try to fly safely and don't get killed, at least not with a
      kite*grin*so's as to not take away our fun!

      Your skills will increase the more you practice.

      aoxomoxoa
    • Dave Raue
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
        Hey Dean and Mark,
        There aren't many folks on this list hiding behind their keyboard, a lot of
        these folks know each other pretty well. And it's a pretty passionate group
        and things get heated at times. Dean, if you've been lurking you know that
        the topic of safety/accidents/training has stimulated a lot of useful debate
        and discussion (in contrast to the flacid stuff on rec.kites). If not,
        that's how the group is. Mark, nobody is wishing you accidents, quite the
        contrary! From your description it sounded like you were well intentioned
        but still pretty much out of control. But Dean's right, nobody wishes
        anyone ill. But be aware that there's a lot of sensitivity to getting the
        sport regulated or banned after somebody makes a mistake. Fky safe,
        Dave