[ksurf] foil valves

  • Rainer Leuschke
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      Hi,

      I'm far from being able to stay upwind, just got my few first 30 sec
      rides in this weekend. Whoohoo.

      I was picked up by some buddies in a sailboat at the end of my run, when
      my hands were just too tired to hang on to the kite any longer. Problem
      was I just could not deflate my Concept Air Wave kite. I gotta
      add velcro ports before I get myself in trouble.

      Question is how to and where on the kite? I haven't seen any such system
      and I'm worried that just a strip of velcro would leak too much air. How
      do I seal this port when it's closed? Do I put this on the tips or
      somewhere along the trailing edge?

      I've been trying to get this info out of Michel from Concept Air but to no
      avail so far and I don't want to sit on the beach 'cos I can't deflate
      that thing on the water to swim in. I don't mind swimming but there is no
      way I can tow a partially inflated kite to shore. It's getting late in the
      year. Water is getting colder. I've got to figure out how to do self
      rescue quicker.

      R!

      -- ,--+___. oOOOOOOo
      ,/ | \ / /