[ksurf] Re: Stoked

  • AhClem0013@aol.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Nov 1, 1999
      In a message dated 11/1/1999 12:21:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      kw@... writes:

      > > Grab bottom lines with hand. Pull across chest like bow
      > and arrow. Kite
      > > collapses. . .
      >
      > Pulling on brake lines and collapsing a kite seems like a
      > clumsy solution. With a Naish or Wipika in four-line mode,
      > you kill the power by pulling on the front lines -- the kite
      > doesn't collapse, you keep riding. Pretty straight-forward.

      He was flying a sky-tiger i believe. It is not a clumsy solution as you
      suggest, but a very important one developed with years of experience and
      widely taught. It depowers the kite instantly and takes little skill to
      learn.

      It's important to note that this was for an inflatable ram-air foil kite.
      Not a sled. I don't fly sleds(tho i have nothing against them).

      It is also important to try this before you get into trouble so you know how
      to do it. It works very well and i teach it to all my students first when
      learning to fly. I teach kite flying with a quad line kite always, even if
      the person learning is only interested in flying dual line.

      aoxomoxoa
      dean jordan
    • Christian Polini mat.1296
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 2, 1999
        Hello i'm a windsurfer and a new kitesurfer.
        I've to buy equipment but i think that i waiting next march...
        ...first because next 4 month in italy in too cold to learn kite
        and second because i think that next year the offert of material
        to kite increase:
        mistral will produce its kiteboard
        fanatic too
        art will produce wing
        ....and then ?
        Do you know other that will produce material for kitesurf ?
        Who ? When ? Price ?
        Can you tell me more information about ?
        Thank everybody can help me
        ALOHA

        Christian Polini
        e-mail: polini@...