[ksurf] safety etc and question (again)

  • Mark Valentin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      WOW, had a lot of reactions on my earlier E/M. Didn't like the fact some
      people wishing me accidents though.
      Let me explain I only wrote it 'cause I think safety and the power of the
      kite should be stressed to newbies (like myself).
      The 2 incidents I mentioned, landing the kite on a house (wich was not
      occupied BTW, in fact there was not a living person around for 1 kilometer)
      and my first run with my own gear (being held down by ONE not THREE people
      had more to do with a slippery jetty etc.) where to illustrate the
      importance of safety.
      Me thinks some reactions where quite arrogant in almost not wanting people
      to learn2surf. Result could be UNsafe situations will continue. So let's
      help eachother by giving advice and tips.

      My question, how long 'till one can get a reasonable level in (safe)
      kitesurfing.

      Your adventerous friend, who's wearing his flameproof suit
      Mark Valentin

      www.compagnievanbali.nl
      (villa rental and sales)