[ksurf] Re: Florida Kitesurf Jamboree

  • Raul F Argilagos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      Hey Dean!

      Yeah, the Kitesurf Jamboree will actually be at The Pier in
      St. Petersburg starting this Thursday thru Sunday. There
      is a big Sail Expo going on at the same time so it'll be
      hard to miss. The beach there is good for intermediate
      to advanced kitesurfing on a Northeast to Southeast wind.
      Alternative venue could be Tierra Verde if the wind is
      Southwest or Northwest, Josh the local KS guy will probably
      know best. I'll be at the "tent" with all my kitesurf equipment
      ( the boardsailing portion of the tent ). We can have alot of fun
      going upwind, racing, doing jumps and freestyle. Plus, there
      are also many parties going on during those days. Alot of
      sailors, windsurfers and so far at least 9 kitesurfers will be
      there so it should be a blast!

      The following weekend in Islamorada in the keys, I would also
      like to do a long distance race to the lighthouse and back,
      about 8 miles each way for a total of 16 miles. This is while
      they run the Pro-am windsurfing event so there will be many
      sailors here as well as a big festive party atmosphere. We
      could also do smaller races and freestyle events here too!
      So far only three kitesurfers have signed up for this one.

      Lets have a 2 week blow-out!

      Raul