[ksurf] Re: Stoked ..what instructions?

  • Neil Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      Antonio Lage wrote:
      > if a product is advertized and sold with out restrictions, and someone buys this product and makes a mess, the error is not the buyer, but the sellers and manufaturers who are afraid to associate a "dangerous" image to their products<

      On the contrary Antonio, if it is seen as dangerous it sells more!!!!

      In regard to instructions with kites:

      Here in Australia we breed a very rare breed of bloke who is so smart
      that he never ever needs to read instructions for anything. The Aussie
      "sheila" has puzzled over this for many years as it leads to tents
      falling down in the middle of the night, caravans (with kids on board)
      separating from the family car and the weekend fishing boat running out
      of fuel before reaching land. Amazingly, the "Aussie bloke" always finds
      some "spare bits" which "must have been put in the box by mistake".
      These items are often hung as trophies in the "bloke's" back yard shed
      as proof of the world's incompetence at making anything properly. Any
      constructive suggestion by the "bloke's" "other half" is usually met by
      "leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" or "what would a woman know
      about fixing stuff!?!"

      Come to think of it........having said that..............I never read
      instructions either!!

      But...we will still include instructions with kites....just in case!!!

      cheers!!!

      Neil