Re: Thread to "Est. # of kiteboarders in the World?

  • John Penxa <johnpenxa@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2003
      >>This whole 99.xxx% Naish marketing thing is just that: marketing.

      While this is a true statement, I'm pretty confident that a large
      majority of that 99.9% would look at that statement at see a fair
      amount of ATTITUDE in the slogan. Do recall this tread kicked off
      over the perceived' attitude of "KB mag".

      ((I personally have been told this so many times that I no longer
      wear the shirt. My ego's just fine & it does require or desire this
      kind of stroking.))

      So, to those you with an issue with the perceived attitude within
      the pages of "KB" mag, it can be easily argued that "KB" is simply
      following the lead set by on of one of industries heavy weight.

      Did that occur do anyone?????????????????????????????????????????

      I was a rabidly obsessed windsurfer for more than 12 years and I
      have every bit of respect for Robby Naish.

      I recall reading a post to this thread by one our less 'enlighten'
      friends on how Robby "did this" or "did that" that with regards to
      that particular marketing and advertising slogan.

      I REALLY have difficulty believing that Robby Naish is defining the
      Marketing and Advertising routes for Naish, at the DETAIL level.

      Don M. if you're following this thread, can you confirm this?

      Is robby involved down to the detail level with the:
      Advertising,
      Marketing,
      Distribution,
      Design (again at a detail level)
      Manufacturing

      etc. etc. etc.

      If he is, all I can say is that he's is as much of a superman in the
      business world as he is on a wave!!!

      weeeeeeee... this is getting fun now!! :-)

      Cheers,

      John Penxa