: Re: Kite Insurance in Australia

  • dlent@nycap.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      The better question is "has anyone ever actually recovered upon the policy"?
      I know in the States scuba diving is considered an ultra hazardous activity that
      affords the insurance company the oppurtunity to disclaim your "run of the mill" life
      insurance policies. These policies (kiting-related) are great for public relations with
      the local authorities and as a means to provide/comtinue access, but I still wonder
      with rates so low. Of course that could just relate to a lack of insurable events (which
      is a pretty good indication that kiting may be more dangerous to kiters rather than the
      public). If you have/know a local attorney in Aus I'd recommend you ask him to have
      a look at it if you want real peace of mind.
      You can tell its winter in a large part of the kiting world due to the threads here. Even
      helium has shown up!