[ksurf] Re: c-quad

  • Ronald Kittag
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
      > If you put floaters into the c-quad will or won't it be 100%
      > waterrelaunchable.

      It won't! It just doesn't sink anymore. You can always relaunch it in
      shallow water (waist deep) where you can pull hard. If you have to swim you
      can't pull hard enough to make it fly out of the water.

      By the way, I love the C-quad. For me it's the most powerfull, agile and
      responsive kite i've ever flown.
      (Except one custom made kite I had the opportunity to fly with. It was a
      4.3sqm foil with 40!! cells and a verry stretched outline. It had the same
      about power as a 6.3 C-quad and was as agile as the 4.2 C-quad. - But I
      wouldn't like to go out on the water with this kite as it tends to overfly
      and collapse)

      Greetings from Austria where it's too cold for kitesurfing now :-( but
      Buggies are a great alternative :-)
      Ronald
    • Stephen McCormack
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 1999
        No it will not be water re-launchable but it will smell really bad, and you
        should not have trouble with crowds either!!! :-)
        C-Quads have never been 100% water relaunchable with or without any of the
        "accessories" in fact they are virtually 100% non re-launchable once you are
        in water deeper than you can stand in. Take care and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        www.kitepoweraustralia.com
        kitepower@...