Est. # of kiteboarders in the World?

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      > naish t-shirt again, and it actually says "99.9% of the
      > world's population" so we're talking about 6 million, not 60 million.
      >
      > now 6 million is still probably more than the real number...especially
      > when you consider that they came out with that ad/line a couple years
      > ago before kiteboarding started to explode. and even though it may come
      > off as elitist or full of attitude, the statement is pretty much true.
      > all things considered (cost, safety, access, interest, etc.) it is
      > absolutely, positively the wrong sport for 99.9% of the world's
      > population.

      Thanks for the T-Shirt correction.
      I know 6 Million is 10-20 times too high.
      Its easy enough to measure approximately.
      I welcome anyone else to try....

      As the US National Sporting Goods Association does with other Sports,
      i.e. participants based on a simple formula of Units sold (kites,boards).
      there are a number of factors you can add to it.

      My belief is that is closer to 10,000-20,000 participants World Wide,
      that have tried it at least.
      Check with the amount of units that have sold and a reasonable
      formula of factors associated with it.

      So, the T Shirt could be saying 99.9975% for 15,000 worldwide participants.

      Prove i'm wrong...OR .... right.