[ksurf] Re: What about a C-Quad ??

  • marc.lacuisse@freesbee.fr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
      > As in sailing a range of kites will be necessary to sail in all wind
      > strengths, so a 6.3 will only work for you in light to medium winds
      > depending on your weight.

      Thanx for your advices !
      But for my weight (80 kg), I think it will be safer to use a large
      kite. Is it the good size or could I deacrease the sail's size ?
    • Stephen McCormack
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 1999
        I'm sure you will learn to use it within the wind range that you discover
        suits you, we were out last weekend and were wishing/looking for a 5M c-quad
        as we were getting a bit overpowered with the 6.3. It is important to be
        powered up for easy learning but the range for most high performance kites
        is around 10 knots, so sometimes you will become overpowered in gusty
        conditions, just take it high and hang on or use the standard safety system
        and let go:-) One kite will limit you, take care and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        www.kitepoweraustralia.com
        kitepower@...