Re: [ksurf] Re: Kiteboarding Mag Attitude Problem - pose a Question

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
      psst... ....

      > That's a REALLY good point and question to pose to the marketing and
      > advertising folks at Naish! :-)
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > jp
      >
      > >If it's the wrong sport for 99%
      > >of the population then Naish wouldn't be making much money and the
      > >sport wouldn't be as popular as it is becoming.
      > >Scott

      Actually that's a real poor statement . Why?
      Robby was probably making a rhetorical point with his comment -
      for the Sport of Kiteboarding is WAY LESS THAN 1% OF the World Population.
      FYI
      what is 1% of 6 billion, (the current approximate
      population of the world) ? lets say 60 million.
      thats a lot of kiters I hope we never see!- roughly double the population of
      California.
      Do you honestly believe their are 60 million kiters in the world?
      :-0
      OR
      Let's see if Robby was talking ONLY about the USA-
      Or just 1% of the USA - 240 million? say- 2.4 million - about the Population
      of the San Fernando Valley in LA.
      Again, that's alot of kiters I hope we never see.

      Here's a good ass-scratching question=

      What are the REAL estimate numbers of kiteboarders in the world?

      Its Fool the Guesser time....

      Karter

    • r a n d y K A T O
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
        ok, ok, ok, as long as we're getting technical about this.... i just
        checked my naish t-shirt again, and it actually says "99.9% of the
        world's population" so we're talking about 6 million, not 60 million.

        now 6 million is still probably more than the real number...especially
        when you consider that they came out with that ad/line a couple years
        ago before kiteboarding started to explode. and even though it may come
        off as elitist or full of attitude, the statement is pretty much true.
        all things considered (cost, safety, access, interest, etc.) it is
        absolutely, positively the wrong sport for 99.9% of the world's
        population.

        On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 02:56 AM, LA2WNDSRF@... wrote:

        > psst... ....
        >
        >> That's a REALLY good point and question to pose to the marketing and
        >> advertising folks at Naish! :-)
        >>
        >> cheers
        >>
        >> jp
        >>
        >>> If it's the wrong sport for 99%
        >>> of the population then Naish wouldn't be making much money and the
        >>> sport wouldn't be as popular as it is becoming.
        >>> Scott
        >
        > Actually that's a real poor statement . Why?
        > Robby was probably making a rhetorical point with his comment -
        > for the Sport of Kiteboarding is WAY LESS THAN 1% OF the World
        > Population.
        > FYI
        > what is 1% of 6 billion, (the current approximate
        > population of the world) ? lets say 60 million.
        > thats a lot of kiters I hope we never see!- roughly double the
        > population of
        > California.
        > Do you honestly believe their are 60 million kiters in the world?
        > :-0
        > OR
        > Let's see if Robby was talking ONLY about the USA-
        > Or just 1% of the USA - 240 million? say- 2.4 million - about the
        > Population
        > of the San Fernando Valley in LA.
        > Again, that's alot of kiters I hope we never see.
        >
        > Here's a good ass-scratching question=
        >
        > What are the REAL estimate numbers of kiteboarders in the world?
        >
        > Its Fool the Guesser time....
        >
        > Karter

        ~~~~~
        Hello, my name is Randy, and I am a windaholic...
      • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
          In a message dated 1/4/2003 7:12:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, randy@...
          writes:

          changeing Thread to "Est. # of kiteboarders in the World?"